June 17, 2017

Calling All Sistahs Reminder Post


It's the 17th of the month and I'm here with my Encouragement Squad to remind you to do your self breast exams and make your mammogram appointment if you've forgotten. 
I'm still here because of early detection. This past weekend I was in Seattle visiting friends, one of whom is also still here because of early detection. While at lunch this weekend, my other friend received a phone call giving her an update on one of her friends who was undergoing surgery that day. Lymph nodes clear! She too will be around thanks to early detection. 

There is always talk about finding a cure. 
I'm not a doctor. I have no medical background. But I did crush this disease. And I'm here to tell you that this disease is curable especially if you can catch it early. The cures are there, they aren't easy or pleasant but this is a curable disease. 
My hope is that one day they will discover a prevention for it. Now wouldn't that be something?!

Do your checks. Tell your friends, your family, anyone who matters to you... your sistahs to do their checks too. 
Finding out you have it sucks. Not gonna lie. 
But crushing it because you caught it early...that's priceless.

My sistahs are here with me today to delight you with their creations. 
Be sure to check out my Calling All Sistahs collection of stamps and dies designed shortly after I was diagnosed in 2015 with the purpose donating 50% of its profits to breast cancer awareness programs and to provide you all with awesome stamps to remind and encourage your friends. 

Enjoy the parade of hopeful cards and then please join us tomorrow to check out the new theme for our monthly Encouragement Challenge! We'd love to have you play along :)
-Michele














4 comments:

  1. WELL Said Michele!! =) Let's CRUSH this Disease!! AMAZING Cards Ladies!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the and the ENOURAGING messages they all include!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, I am so glad to read about your friends "crushing it". You have a gift for taking out the fear and empowering us. Beautiful work by your encouragement squad to spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any of the cards would give someone a lift. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bunch of cards! One of my oldest daughter's BFFs is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer (she's only 32!!) in Boston. She had her hair cut short and dyed her hair purple....her favorite color! One item checked off her bucket list! The purple hair is so fun and makes Erin feel powerful and beautiful. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete