May 11, 2017

Lori Kobular

Our parade of  design team members for the new Encouragement Squad continues with one of our most faithful Calling All Sistahs blog hop stops, Lori Kobular.  She was there from the first hop I coordinated and I can't remember a hop without her in it.  Enjoy reading her story of how much a card of encouragement can lift the spirits, then head to her blog to leave her some love.

Lori Kobular


I have been a crafter my whole life, I love gardening, animals and my family!  I love to make scrapbooks and cards!  One of the reasons that I am so happy to be part of this wonderful Encouragement Squad is that back in 1980 my Mom and I are were biking in our neighborhood when a car came across the road and hit my Mom head on.  She was in the hospital for 6 months after the accident and one of the things that kept her going were encouragement cards from family, friends and people who heard about the accident.  She was in a private room and her nurses would tape the cards she received all over the walls.  People used to stop in her room amazed at how many cards of well wishes she had received.  Those cards helped her through a very tough time and I know how touched she was by them.  So this is my way of paying it forward to others who could use some kind words or encouragement and to let them know that there are still people in the world who care!


Stamps: Love Notes

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a terrible thing to have happen, and for you to witness! Your card is certainly a beautiful example of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWOWOW!! What a Story!! So GLAD your Mom had so MANY people to LIFT her up during her accident!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your SWEET Card and look forward to Designing with you on this AMAZING Design Team!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats such a fabulous story Lori and really a great motivation to continue making our cards! Your beautiful card will certainly cheer someone up.

    ReplyDelete